Friday 6 July 2012

5 things the little one plays with that I sometimes wish she didn’t!


  1. Light switches.  The beautiful one has just learnt what a light switch does.  This morning when we got up and went to the living room it was still quite dark because of the rain clouds.  The lady pointed to the light switch and so I turned on the lights which she then proceeded to point to and smile.  I have spent what seems like hours holding her up to light switches all around the house.  It can’t be good for the old energy bill and I reckon the neighbours think we’re learning Morse code
  2. Remote controls.  A much coveted item in our house.  By all of us not just the lady!  She really loves grabbing the remote and pressing all the buttons.  It’s very clever but she keeps rewinding programmes I’m in the middle of watching or pausing the live tennis which, if hubby is around, is a cause of much stress and occasional yelling. 
  3. Telephones.  Although remarkably similar, you can’t call 999 with a remote…thankfully I caught her just in time!
  4. Pegs.  She has just discovered how pegs work.  She pinches hard and watches them open with intense fascination.  What she doesn’t understand is that they doesn’t work the same way at both ends and so she makes angry grunts at the pegs when they don’t open!  The problem is I can’t clear them into their basket quicker than she can take them back out. 
  5.  Baby wipes.  She has figured out how to open baby wipes packaging- of any brand! When it goes quiet I can almost guarantee she’s found a packet and strewn the contents all over the floor. And then I have to somehow put them all back in...including the one she’s sucking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment