Monday 13 August 2012

My sister's in the post!


When the Lady was 6 months old (before I came into the family) she just suddenly stopped sucking on her dummy and started to chew on a soft toy for comfort. She went around victimizing a furry foot or hand or in my case, an ear!  Toys that were once beautiful fluffy and pink are now matted and browned forever but they are at least loved…there is nothing that toys fear most than being unloved.  

And that was my fear…as I made my way from the factory I wondered who would own me and give me hugs and take me on outings.  I had no idea that although I would spend 99% of my life feeling a bit soggy and smelling a bit sweet I would be loved beyond a shadow of a doubt.  That I would be taken on day trips to the beach, to dinner at Wagamamas and to picnics in the park.  I had no idea that I would meet so many members of my extended family: Grannies, Uncles and Cousins once removed!

My first picnic in the park

My first trip to the beach

My first hug with Nana

My first wedding and hugs with my Grandpa and Uncle

Mummy and Daddy have worked very hard to ensure that the Lady doesn’t have an all time favourite toy that she cannot live without but they have failed!  And I’m pleased to boast that I’m the favourite! 

In fact they’ve failed so much so that Mummy and Daddy have asked the factory to send one of my many identical sisters to come and help me look after the Lady. Hooray!  I can't wait to meet her.

Although we may have to give her a new name....







No comments:

Post a Comment