Tuesday 2 October 2012

Recent Creativity


So I've been a busy little bee recently and I have been particularly excited by lots of different creative projects so I thought I’d share some of the things I've been doing that have meant I have been too busy to blog until now!

So last week I was back home with my mum for the week along with the little lady.  My mum and I love knitting so we decided to brave a walk in the pouring rain to the local haberdashery.  After ohhhing and ahhing at all the beautiful wools we couldn't afford my eyes caught sight of lovely scarf wool.  It’s very clever as you only have to knit into loops that already exist in the wool…I’m not sure that explains it, especially if you’re not a knitter, but knitter or not here’s a pic to enjoy of my finished scarf… 



Bought on Tuesday, returned home on Wednesday and began knitting that evening…finished by Thursday afternoon.  A quick knit! It  would make a great present and I only used one skein which was £6.99.  Bargain.

My poor little paperback Bible is a few years old now and is beginning to suffer…well it’s generally beginning to lose its cover so I decided to make in a new one!





I got the material from John Lewis in their off-cut bargain box…happy times (same material used for peg bag in photo #32 in 365 Challenge).  I embroidered the verse on using some newly discovered cross stitch type gauze which you stitch over and then remove strand by strand once you've finished sewing.  Genius.

At the fortnightly craft group I help to organize (called Hearts and Crafts-obviously) we have started a new group project.  We’re making floral brooches to sell at a fundraising coffee morning for Macmillan Nurses I’m going to host at the care home where I work.  We all made one for ourselves to start with.  Here’s mine now proudly adorned on my winter coat.


I've also been braving a bit of creativity in the kitchen.  I made jam tarts, which I've never made before..but I've made mince pies and I figured that they were basically the same just swap the mince for jam! And I was correct.  I even made my own short crust pasty.  It is the easiest to make but still!


I've also just inherited some amazing old fashioned knitting patterns from a resident at work so watch this space for the lady in some seriously retro numbers...

If you'd like an instructions or more details please feel free to drop me an email.  I just thought it would make the blog incredibly long if I included everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment