Wednesday 21 May 2014

a blog by any other name

So? What's in a name?

As you may have noticed I have changed the name of my blog.  Which hasn't really been a blog, more of a stagnant diary over the past couple of months as we have battled various rounds of extreme business and illness (during which even the husband took some time off work...yes you heard me right!) thankfully followed by a sneaky four days away on holiday. 

When I started my blog, "confessions of a christian mum" seemed a good name with varying amounts of appeal according to who you are and what you consider worthy of being called a confession!  But in the last couple of months I feel I have been finding my blogging  bugbear niche. And I think that it is my thought life. I most frequently blog about the deeper goings on in my noggin as I grapple with being a wife and a mother from a Christian world view. Which I generously interspersed with the odd blog about cheese twists and soft toys for a comic element!

I have been pondering what to rename the blog for a while and just this week at church we have been looking at 1 Thessalonians and Paul writes about presenting the baby church there as his crown and joy on the day of the Lord's return.   As a Christian stay-at-home (although rarely actually at home) mum I view my family like a really mini church. They are the group of people God has given me to love and serve and I can think of no greater goal for my time as a wife and mother than to strive to see my husband and my children cross the finish line and stand by my side when Jesus returns. I want them to be my crown and joy.

The title crown and joy has been on my mind for a while now. Doesn't God have wonderful ways of prompting and encouraging? Although it may not immediately reflect my perceptions that my blog is about my thought life, I hope it will help guide my future posts as I have an overarching theme, if you will, to blog about.

Yes of course I will still confess to you my crazy lady thoughts, my funny and occasionally not so holy convos with my two year old, I will also share my walk with Jesus as I aim to be a better Christian, Wife and Mummy hoping to encourage and inspire....well mostly myself! I only have a few faithful followers (you know who you are) but blogging allows me some all important self-reflection, but more than that it helps me to preach the gospel to myself because the Lord knows...I'm rather forgetful.


brownie points if you can tell me why a rose is a significant picture for this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment