Tuesday 7 August 2012

3 things the lady gets to do that I don’t.


Who wouldn't want to get away with a reindeer onsie at Christmas!?
  1. Wear daring, fun and colourful clothing every day.  I used to quite like spending time picking out what I was going to wear and choosing some jewelry that went with my outfit.  Nothing too snazzy but it used to be a large part of my morning routine.  Of course now I’m at work I don’t have to think about it three days a week, I just stick on the same old yellow t-shirt that makes me look like a giant daffodil (in fact one of my residents calls me the budgie…charming) and I’m off.  But on my days off, I’d much rather spend time choosing what to put the lady in!  She has so much clothing and all of it’s WAY nicer than mine and it’s mostly stuff I’d love to wear but can’t really get away with.  Bright pink tights with a bear on the bottom for starters! Flowery onsies, vibrant patterned dresses, polka dot t-shirts, stripy leggings...
  2. Fart in public without being mortified.  For one thing the lady seems to have no idea that she’s even “windy popping” as we more politely call it in our house (or you can choose from trouser cough or bottom burp- whatever takes your fancy.) and for another she has no shame and, of course, no sense of embarrassment!  She just carries on crawling...as if nothing ever happened. Oh to be so free!
  3. Use smiles and kisses as currency.  There are very few things that she can’t get from me with a smile and a kiss.  I’m about to scold the lady for having her whole face covered in cheesy beans and then she smiles at me...I’m about to sit down with my sandwich, and even though the lady’s already had hers a cheeky smile gets her a bit of mine...I say “give mummy a kiss” and in the few seconds when she leans in and puts her little mouth to mine, she could ask for the world and I’d give it to her if I could...
 What about you?  What things do your children do that you really wish you could too?

2 comments:

  1. Run naked without inhibition

    Never get out of breath

    Say what they see!

    ReplyDelete